When we took him to soccer on Saturday we couldn't believe the difference! He was running around and kicking the ball and stealing the ball from others! It was awesome! It was so nice to see him let loose. As most people know, Dylan does not let loose like that - especially in a situation where so many people (strangers) are watching! I love to see him having fun. I love to see him so comfortable doing something so 'outgoing'. Even at preschool he says that when he's out on the playground that he just plays with the teacher (which coincedentally is exactly what the book "The Hidden Gifts of the Introverted Child" said is likely to happen.). It's rare for him to play with other kids. I feel like soccer may be a huge boost for his confidence. The sweetest part was when he was on the field and he stopped, looked at me, waved...and blew a kiss to his mommy!
I am SO proud of him!!
On Wednesday at preschool (which is the beginning of the week for him - this was only his 4th day), he cried and screamed. I felt horrible. Maybe he's not ready for pre-school. I had to drop him off and walk out. I stood outside the door to wait for him to stop crying. About 30 seconds later he stopped. That's when I knew that it might be an act for mommy. He always says that he loves going. So on Thursday I had Mimi take him to school....he was FINE! All the tears are just a guilt trip for mommy. :) One last plea to see if mommy will give in. It actually makes me feel better knowing that it's an 'act' rather than fearing that he might actually hate it. On Friday when I took him he started to say "I don't want to go" and I said (in a fun voice) "I think your just teasing mommy. Mimi said that you were fine when she dropped you off." And I gave him a kiss and a hug and he let me leave. He really does like school. Each morning I'm sure he's still a little nervous (afterall, it's still all very new), but after a few minutes he's into the groove.
He's doing wonderful with all of these new changes! What a sweetie pie!!!

2 comments:
WOW! What a picture of Dylan kicking that ball!!!! I'm so glad he's more comfortable with playing. I know he LOVES soccer!
Logan is an extremely outgoing child, yet isn't aggressive when playing soccer. He'll jog, but not run to get the ball. He likes to play with his own team, but I think seeing a new team at each game makes him not interact as much.
Go Dylan!
Post a Comment