Monday, February 12, 2007

The funny things they say.....

Today Dylan was walking past a lady who was trying to make a call on a pay phone. Dylan said out loud "Why is she using THAT phone? Why isn't she using HER phone?" It's funny that the boys are growing up in a time when EVERYONE has a cell phone and they don't understand the concept of pay phones. Chan doesn't have a cell phone, but he prefers it that way.

As I mentioned before, Dylan likes to watch PCN Tours (as he calls it "The show where they teach you how to make stuff." - the factory tour show). Anyway, he turns it on tonight and he got excited and said "Look! They're teaching you how to make BEER!" Then he said "Dada, I want you to drink some beer!" :) I'm surprised he even remembers what beer is, there hasn't been any in the house for quite awhile. I feel kinda bad that our 4 yr old knows what beer is. Then again, I think he assumes it's something like soda. Neither of the boys have ever really had soda and if we even offer it to them they turn up their nose. We let them sip it once and they refuse to drink anything with 'bubbles'. I think it's great that they only want water, milk and juice (and sometimes tea...usually decaff). They'll be plenty of time in the future for soda. They wont drink carbonated water either.

Today we went to Tumble Town to play. We met Aunt Michelle, Savannah and Charlotte there. The kids had a great time running around, climbing through tunnels, going down slides, playing in the ball pit, swinging and bouncing on the trampoline etc... The boys needed it! They've been cooped up all winter and we're expecting our first big snow storm tomorrow and it's good that they got to run around today. We stopped for lunch in the food court after. We then had to rush off to take Dylan to speech. I know I posted it before, but I really am impressed with how well Dylan is doing with his sounds. He's working on his S's now....or as Ms. Ann (his speech therapist) calls them, "snakes". Dylan gets so excited to find snakes in his words. He has made major improvements in only a week or two! He has a lot of fun with Ms. Ann and she does a great job with him. She knows exactly how to work with Dylan.

Dylan took right to a big boy bed when he was 2....Cameron on the other hand is going to be a little harder. I tried to put him to bed with Dylan, but he wanted in his crib. He woke up at midnight last night (in his crib) and wanted to go into Dylan's bed. I took him in and he just kept playing around. I'd leave the room, get into bed.....and then hear footsteps through the house and a loud "DUKE!!" He kept getting up to chase Duke around. I'd try to put him in his crib and he'd cry. This went on for 2 1/2 hours. Finally at 2:30 am I had to put him in his crib and let him cry to sleep. I felt awful! ...but he was wide awake and would have gone on most of the night and I'm not into partying all night long anymore. I think the hardest part about having a new baby will be the getting up at night.

No comments: