Friday, August 17, 2007

Fishing, boo-boos, laughing, teachers...

We went up to the cabin a few weeks ago. We had a really nice time going swimming and boating and fishing and the boys especially loved riding the mini bikes.

Who'd have ever thought that my 5 year old would have to teach me how to fish! :) We were on the boat and I kept trying to cast and it wouldn't do anything. Chan said "Hit the button and cast". I kept trying and it wouldn't work. So Dylan comes over and says "How about if I cast for you and then you can just hold the pole." - something a grownup would usually say to a child. :) So a little later I tried again and still nothing. Then Dylan said, why don't you put your hand over mine so you can see how I do it. So there I was with my 5 year old literally showing me how to cast. I tried once again on my own and nothing. Finally Dylan said "I know why it isn't working, you forgot to let go of the button!" OOOHHH! Now it works! Chan forgot to tell me that I have to let off the button after I push it. lol. I was casting wonderfully after that. I thought that it was hilarious that Dylan taught me how to fish. Cameron fell asleep on the boat! Dylan insisted on rowing the whole time - he sure is strong! Of course he could only do one oar and he's not as strong as Chan...so we kept going in circles! lol.

See Chan trying to sneak his hand onto Dylan's oar to try to push it a little harder. Dylan kept getting mad whenever Chan touched his oar... "I can do it!" he'd say.

Sound asleep!

Yesterday Cameron fell and got boo-boo's on his hands and knees. I put a few band aids on him and later when he was walking around he said "My band aid will eat my boo-boo all gone." I thought that was cute. He thinks the band aid will eat his boo-boo up.

Today Gabriel laughed for the first time! He's made little squeaks and stuff before, but he did a real giggle ... and then he kept laughing and laughing. It's funny how after doing it once he was suddenly doing it a lot. It's SO cute! :) His mouth opens real big and you can see his dimples and he just giggles at ya.

Neither Dylan or Cameron ever put stuff in their mouths. Most babies put all kinds of stuff in their mouths, but they didn't. Gabriel is a "mouther". He sucks his hands and his fingers and my arm and anything that he can get anywhere near his mouth.... except a pacifier. He wont take one of those. He's going to be a thumb sucker. I guess we'll have to be careful with small objects around the house - it was never a big deal with the other two boys since they didn't put anything in their mouths, but I have a feeling that Gabriel is going to need to stick everything in there.

We found out today that Dylan got the teacher that he wanted! The "boy" teacher - and he'll be going in the morning. At first I was hoping for morning so that our days wouldn't be interrupted mid-day to go to school.... but then I realized how early it started!! I could barely get Dylan to preschool by 9am and now he has to be to the bus by 8:15! The other day he didn't get out of bed til 9:30. Most days he's up by 8, but that still wont be early enough. Not to mention that I am NOT a morning person! At least he'll be out by 11:30. He's hard to wake up from his sleep and I have a feeling that mornings are going to be stressful. I hate to "rush, rush" him off to the school bus. If he were in afternoon K then he'd have time to slowly wake up and not have to rush around like crazy. Rushing can really start your day off on the wrong foot. At least I wont have to have Gabriel and Cameron dressed. I can drive Dylan to the bus stop while the other two are in their jammies. I wont have to get myself all ready either. When I took him to pre-k I had to walk in with all the kids and so we needed to be all dressed and I had to do my hair and makeup and make myself presentable so that we didn't look like slobs. :) I can't believe Dylan is starting Kindergarten!! It seems like only yesterday that he had his first day of pre-k. I hope he gets on the bus. One of the little girls in his pre-k will be in his class. He was happy about that. He went to her birthday party earlier this year.

We leave for the beach tomorrow! :)

No comments: