We went to the cabin over Labor Day weekend (as we usually do). The boys absolutely LOVE going there. Even though we had the entire 2 bedroom cabin to ourselves (which includes the luxury of indoor plumbing), we still chose to pitch a tent and camp outside. We got to use the new tent the boys got Chan for his birthday and Dylan built an awesome fire pit where we cooked mini weenies, s'mores and mountain pies. The second night we got severe storms so we took the air mattresses onto the screened in porch and got to spend the night watching the lightening and listening to the rain pour down. Although I actually enjoyed that, after awhile the thunder just kept booming and booming and booming and I could not sleep. I ended up going into the bedroom. At 4 am Gabriel came in to join me... he was burning hot! We had no medicine and we were in the boonies. Chan headed out to find Tylonal and Motrin and I put Gabriel into a cool bath. Chan arrived back an hour later with meds and a thermometer... temp of 104! We alternated the Tylonal and Motrin and got his fever stable. The next day we headed home and the fever stayed away. But the next morning he woke up puking. He slept the ENTIRE day away (with the exception of waking to puke once or twice) and then went back to being perfectly healthy the next day.
![]() |
| Good times at the great-grandparents house |

No comments:
Post a Comment