Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Messy

It's amazing what I'll do to keep 3 kids quiet while I'm on a business call. It's also amazing how much I don't pay attention to what's really going on around me when I'm on the phone. I was keeping my eye on Gabriel while he ate, but it wasn't until I hung up the phone that I really took a look at him... (see photo below) The really funny part is that I am just now putting two and two together. Ama saw Gabriel tonight and said "It looks like he might have some red in his eyebrows." I just assumed that the red-head jean might be coming through, but I now realize that even though I gave him a bath, his orange brows are the result of ravioli's for lunch.

His hair was matted with sauce, his eyebrows stained and his
eyelashes had pasta goo. It may not look like there is much on his face,
but that's only because he was taking his hands and rubbing it and
massaging it and smooshing it in real good, so it was really stuck on
and crusty by the time I got him in the tub!


Back to keeping the kids occupied while I'm on the phone... Dylan and Cameron were in the other room being quiet. I should have known that something was up. I thought they were in their room. It wasn't until Cameron just casually walked into the dining room where I was - carrying a balled up piece of toilet paper. He just looked at me and said "I just wiped Dylan's butt!" Nothing like laughing in the middle of a business call (and not being able to explain why). When I got off the phone I go into the bathroom and there's both boys, pants down by the toilet. Cam had just finished wiping Dylan's butt for him and Cam was insisting that I let him sit on the potty with both lids up. I guess he figures that if he lifts them both to stand and pee, he should be able to lift them both to go #2. I told him that he'd fall in. He kept begging "I wont fall in!" Needless to say, I made him put the toilet seat down before he hopped on.

Last night Cam was using a public bathroom and the toilet was too high for him to stand to pee. I told him there was a step stool he could use (homemade - no skid proof stuff on the bottom). Well, he leaned over the toilet a little too far and the step stool slid out from under him. I have no idea how he saved himself from diving head first into the water. I guess he was able to catch himself on the edge. That could have been a very wet situation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He looks BEAUTIFUL even with the pasta hair. Love A-ma